View Upcoming Meetings by Chapter:
SEA Triangle Webinar - Hosted by Nucor
We are very fortunate to have three speakers from Nucor, to present to us "Virtual Steel Mill Tour and Advancements in Steel".
1) Tabitha Stine, SE, PE, LEED AP, Director of Construction Solutions Services.
Tabitha joined Nucor in 2020 and currently leads their newly created Construction Solution Services division. Prior to joining Nucor, Tabitha was the Vice President of Market Development at AISC, and oversaw the activities of the structural steel specialists, NSBA bridge specialists, and AISC Steel Solutions Center. Tabitha has presented at various conferences nationwide on topics such as innovations in steel, construction economy trends, resilience, sustainability, and architecturally exposed structural steel. Before working at AISC, Tabitha was a structural engineer for Sargent & Lundy specializing in industrial power design utilizing structural steel. Tabitha earned her Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 2001 and her Masters of Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology in 2003.
2) Graham Holman, Hertford County Project Manager
Graham began his career with the Nucor Plate Group in 2013 as an Inside Sales Representative. He has since worked as a District Sales Manager for the Nucor Plate Group covering territories in the Mid-Atlantic and Pacific Northwest, and is currently a Product Manager in the Nucor Plate Group.
3) Shane Vernon, PE, Plant Metallurgist
Shane is a Plant Metallurgist with Nucor Yamato Steel, an AWS D1 and D1M Committee Member, and a Certified Welding Inspector/Educator. He is a member of the ASTM A1.02 Committee and has 25 years in steel industry experience. He is also an AISC Night School Presenter.
1. Learn about the domestic marketplace for structural steel and the supply chain advances to meet project demands.
2. Learn about high strength steel production for both the beam (A913) and plate markets (A709) and the benefits they bring to table for both design and constructability while highlighting the new plate mill being built in the Midwest right now that will produce plate 170 inches wide.
3. Learn about innovative completed projets and innovations in steel in the marketplace that can be directly applied to future buildings, bridges, and industrial applications locally and around the country.
Join meeting at http://nucor.webex.com
Meeting number (access code): 129 069 2141
Meeting password: Steel2020!
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-415-655-0002,, 1290692141## United States Toll
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0002 United States Toll
Join from a video system of application
Dial [email protected]
Join using Microsoft Lync or Microsoft Skype for Business
Dial [email protected]
$0.00 Member Registration
$10.00 Non-Member Registration